Guide to Tanning at Consol
Before you begin your tanning experience, here are a few important things to remember:
If you’ve tried sunbathing in the past and never achieve a tan then you are at risk of overexposure and burning. Although sunbeds are controlled exposure times, we recommend following advice for skin type 1.
Many prescriptions and over the counter medications can increase your sensitivity to UV light. Please consult your GP if you have any concerns about tanning whilst on medication and adjust your exposure times if you notice your tanning ability has decreased.
Although UV light and vitamin D plays an important role in a healthy pregnancy, it is important to know that body temperature should be monitored whilst pregnant taking care not to overheat both on sunbeds and in the natural sun.
For those that can tan, Consol offers world class sunbeds and advanced tube technology with a range of different stand up and lay down tanning options to suit your individual style. once you have established your skin type and tanning goals, you can build up a deep, dark tan by following our treatment recommender plan.
Top 10 tips for sunbed tanning
1. Do not use sunbeds if you are under the age of 18.
2. Do not use sunbeds if you have a large number of moles or freckles.
3. Always leave 48 hours between sessions.
4. Wear goggles to protect your eyes every time you have a sunbed.
5. Remove jewellery and makeup before tanning.
6. Do not use any other creams apart from sunbed tanning lotions.
7. Do not use a sunbed and sunbathe in the same day.
8. Hydrate before and after your session with plenty of water.
9. Build up your tan gradually only increasing minutes once a tan has been achieved.
10. Moisturise tanned skin regularly to keep your tan lasting longer.