Consol is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or app, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. CCTV will capture images in real time wherever the CCTV cameras are pointed. These cameras may capture footage of you whilst you are on our premises. There are clear signs in place to let you know where cameras are in use.
We will never share our data, sell or give access to our data to a third party or company and our data will only be used for the sole purpose of identification as a Consol member.
Who are we? 🤷♀️
We are Consol Tanning Limited (“we”, “our”, “us”) and operate under the name of Consol. We are the controller and are responsible for and committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
If you have any questions about your personal information, please chat with us through Facebook messenger or by emailing us at email@example.com or by writing to us at 59, The Horsefair, Bristol, BS1 3JP
What information do we hold about you? 🖥
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you, such as:
- information submitted through the registration process - for example, when you sign up to Consol and provide details such as your name and personal details;
- details we collect about how you use our services – for example, profile images of you and image of your photo ID for account verification, details of your account history transactions with us;
- information from any social media network or online account that you share with us; and
- information collected through use of the CCTV system – for example, static and moving images of you when you visit our premises.
Our CCTV cameras monitor the premises 24 hours a day and this data is continuously recorded. CCTV will capture images in real time wherever the CCTV cameras are pointed. These cameras may capture footage of you whilst you are on the premises. There are clear signs in place to inform you where cameras are in use.
How we use your information ℹ️
We will only use your information when data protection law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your information in the following circumstances:
- where we need to use your information for a contract we have with you, or to enter into a contract with you;
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
- where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
For example, we may use your information to:
- register you as a new customer (performance of a contract);
- help manage your account and provide remote support to you if needed (performance of a contract and legitimate interests);
- track, analyse and improve the services we provide you and other customers (legitimate interests);
- search your record to check your identity and verify that you who you say you are and that you are the sole user of your account (legal obligation and legitimate interests);
- prevent your account being used by anyone else but yourself (legal obligation and legitimate interests);
- ensure personal safety of staff, customers and other members of the public and to act as a deterrent against crime (legal obligation and legitimate interests); and
- make suggestions and recommendations to you about our products and services where we think these will be of interest to you (legitimate interests).
We make sure that you have choices regarding certain uses of your information, particularly in relation to marketing and advertising. As such, we ensure that you can always unsubscribe from receiving marketing and advertising messages if you want to, by email or via the website or app.
Who we share your information with 🤝
We may share your personal information with the parties set out below for the purposes detailed in the "How we use your information" section above:
- organisations which support any of our services, including:
- payment service providers;
- customer database providers;
- system support provider;
- third parties that carry out advertising services for us, including: Facebook, Google and include all other third parties that data is transferred to for advertising services;
- anyone who you give us explicit permission to share it with;
- law enforcement and other external authorities if we must disclose your personal data to comply with the law, or to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow third parties who process personal data on our behalf to use your personal information for their own purposes and only allow them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Your rights 💪
You have a right to:
- access the personal information we hold about you or to obtain a copy of it. To do so please log into your Consol account here (register if you have not done so on consol.eu). You can then view your personal information we hold for you and export a copy for your personal use;
- ask for a copy of your personal information in a portable (machine-readable) format or request that we send it to a third party;
- request that we correct inaccurate information about you;
- ask us to delete your personal information, although for legal reasons we may not always be able to do so;
- ask us not to use your personal information for direct marketing and in certain circumstances “legitimate interests”; and
- withdraw any consent you’ve given us.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights set out above, please get in touch using the details above.
What we will not do 🚫
We won’t share any personal data with third parties for direct marketing.
There may be times when you give us sensitive information for us to provide the safest possible service for you. Any such information will also be kept strictly confidential.
How long we keep your personal information 📔
We will only keep your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. In most cases, this is for as long as you use our services, and for six years after that to comply with the law if we face a legal challenge. However, we may be required to keep your information for a longer period if we need to for our legitimate interests and/or if the law says we have to.
Footage captured by CCTV will not be kept for longer than 45 days. However, on occasions it may be necessary to keep footage for longer, for example when it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
To determine how long we keep your information, we consider why we hold it, how sensitive it is, how long the law says we need to keep it for, and what the risks are.
Where your information is stored 🔐
We may store the information we collect from you outside the UK, or transfer it to organisations outside the UK. When we do this, we ensure that your information is protected and that:
- the Information Commissioner (ICO) has deemed the country or organisation to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data; or
- we've agreed specific contractual terms approved for use in the UK which give personal data the same protection it has in the UK.
If you'd like more information on how we transfer your personal data out of the UK, please get in touch using the details above.
How to make a complaint 👆
If you have a complaint about how we use your personal information, please contact us using the details above. If you're still not happy, you can refer your complaint to the ICO's Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues. For more details, visit their website.
Changes to this policy ✏️
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, if they are significant changes, sent to you by email.
Version 2.2 – Bristol 19.08.2022